NewerTech ‘2012’ miniStack MAX w/Blu-Ray RW+DVDRW/CDRW+Software (3.0TB Drive)
The Newer Technology miniStack® Max puts the diverse functionality of a high-capacity hard drive, Blu-ray/CD/DVD optical drive, SD card reader and USB powered hub into a single elegant aluminum finish enclosure. A perfect complement for ANY Mac or PC, yet sized to match the footprint of the Mac mini, miniStack MAX offers fully bootable data storage/backup along with three USB ports for powering and charging external devices.
An integrated SD card reader (SDXC) conveniently located on the front of the drive makes transferring photos and video from digital cameras easier than ever. Plus, an internal optical drive offering DVD/CD read/write and choice of Blu-ray read only or Blu-ray read/write capabilities completes your digital workflow needs without adding extra cords and clutter.
Looking for massive capacity in a desktop space-saving design or want to give your notebook more functionality while “on the go”? No problem, miniStack MAX can stack upon itself to create a “tower of power”, yet is lightweight and compact so you can enjoy the power of desktop accessories wherever you roam. Now you truly can take storage, data access, and connectivity to the MAX!
With up to 4TB of capacity, the miniStack Max is ready to handle the demands of extended storage or backup. It’s also great for intensive data access such as professional audio and video editing. A multi-interface allows you to choose the data connection that suits your workflow–USB 3.0/2.0, FireWire® 800/400 or eSATA–with data transfer speeds up to 300MB/s. It’s the perfect solution for storing your entire music, photo and video libraries, and even burning backups via the internal optical drive.
Whether you have a new Mac mini that no longer includes an optical drive, or have a legacy model with an inoperative drive, the miniStack Max fills the gap when you need to install software from CD or DVD, load music into iTunes, access archived photos, or watch Blu-ray and DVD movies on your computer.
The integrated SD card reader (SDXC) on the front of the miniStack Max makes transferring photos and video super-simple–no more fumbling around the back for the SD slot. Plus, it helps keep your desktop clean by eliminating the need for an external card reader and yet another cable.
- Fully Bootable and ideal for Backup, Audio, Video, Photography, and general storage needs
- Durable aluminum designed body complements Mac aluminum finish
- Front panel easy access SD card reader (SDXC)
- Optical read/write CD/DVD and read/write or read-only Blu-ray drive
- USB 3.0/2.0 powered hub:
- Two ports for powering/charging common desktop accessories and digital devices
- One port with 2.1Amp power for higher charging power required devices like the iPad
- FireWire 800/400 (100MB/s / 50MB/s)
- USB 3.0/2.0 (300MB/s / 60MB/s)
- eSATA (300MB/s)
- MagLev fan (same as used in the Mac mini) offers frictionless, whisper-quiet operation
- Integrated Kensington Security Slot for theft prevention
- Smart Power switch – in switched on position, the hard drive powers up and down in tandem with computer*
- High quality double-shielded connection cables included (eSATA sold separately)
- Identical footprint to 2010 and later Apple Mac mini (measures 2.33 (H) x 7.7 (W) x 7.7 (D) inches)
- Mac OS 8.6 or later
- Support for drives over 2TB requires Mac OS X 10.2 and later.
- Windows 98SE or later
- Windows XP 32-bit does not support 3TB and larger drives.
- Support for drives over 2TB requires Windows XP 64-bit and later.
- Linux OS versions
- Intech® Hard Disk SpeedTools Utilities™ OEM< (For Mac OS 8.6 – X only)
- ProSoft Engineering® Data Backup for Mac OS X v10.2.8 or later
- NovaStor NovaBACKUP® for Windows 2000 or later
- OWC 3-year Solution Warranty with 48-hour turnaround time
- OWC 1-year for 0GB “Add Your Own Drive Kit”
- Optical drive mechanism covered by 1-year warranty
- Register Here
- (operating) 5°C – 55°C (41°F – 131°F)
- (non-operating) –40°C – 65°C (–40°F – 149°F)
- (operating) 8% – 90% RH (Non-condensing)
- (non-operating) 5% – 95% RH (Non-condensing)
- (operating) 65G 2mS
- (non-operating) 175G 2mS
- (operating) 1.0G (5 – 300Hz)
- (non-operating) 5.0G (5 – 500Hz)
- Aluminum finished body and glossy plastic black top
- Identical footprint to 2010 and later Apple Mac mini
- 7.7 in (W) x 7.7 in (D) x 2.33 in (H)
- 197 mm (W) x 197 mm (D) x 59.182 mm (H)
- Empty case 2.25 lbs (1.02 kg)
- Compatible with any computer that can support a USB 2.0, USB 3.0, eSATA, FireWire 800 or FireWire 400 connection.
- 3.5″ SATA* Drives
- Compatible with 2.5″ hard drives and SSDs via the use of a Newer Technology AdaptaDrive
- Up to 64MB (HDD only)
- Up to 7200RPM (HDD only)
- JMicron 355 chipset with eSATA & FireWire 800 (1394B)
- JMicron 539 chipset with USB 3.0
- USB 3.0 hub with (3) USB 3.0/2.0 ports:
- (2) for data transfer or powering/charging devices
- (1) with 2.1Amp power for charging devices like the iPad
- (1) eSATA port (cable sold separately)
- (2) FireWire 800/400 ports (backward compatible with FIreWire 400 via connector or cable sold separately)
- (1) Built-in SD card reader
- USB 3.0/2.0 (up to 300MB/sec)
- eSATA (up to 300MB/sec)
- FireWire 800/400 (up to 100MB/sec)
- UL Listed U.S./International Auto Switching 100 ~ 240v, 12 Volt 5Amp Power Supply
**Utility software and shareware collection not included with certain 0GB kits.