Connect your eSATA equipped external drive to a USB 3.0 port for SuperSpeed data transfer!
Already have an external drive with an eSATA port? Take advantage of high-bandwidth USB 3.0 performance and experience data rates up to 3Gb/s from your external drive with the Newer Technology eSATA to USB 3.0 Adapter. It’s Plug and Play easy to add…simply connect your eSATA drive enclosure to the adapter and then plug the adapter into your computer’s USB 3.0 port. No drivers, no hassle, just maximum performance and ultimate use of your existing eSATA equipped external storage units.
- Supports SATA Revision 2.6 data rate up to 3.0Gb/s.
- Supports 2.5″ and 3.5″ eSATA hard disk drives and SSDs.
- Plug and Play, no software installation.
- Backward compatible with previous versions of USB 2.0/1.1.
- Backward compatible with previous versions of eSATA devices (1.5Gb/s).
- Supports Hot-Swap.
- 1 Year Warranty
- 2.25″(D) x 2.5″(W) x .75″(H)
- 57.3mm x 64.2mm x 19mm
- 1.0oz (28.35g)
- 1 Year Warranty
Macintosh System Requirements
- Notebook or Desktop Mac with an available and supported USB 3.0/2.0 port (USB 3.0 recommended) Mac OS X 10.2.8 or later.
Windows System Requirements
- Notebook or Desktop PC with an available USB 3.0/2.0 port (USB 3.0 recommended) Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, VISTA, 7 or later.
Notes: This adapter is intended for an eSATA equipped external drive to connect to a USB 3.0 port on a computer. It does not work in reverse and will not allow a USB 3.0 equipped external drive to connect to an eSATA port on a computer.
For maximum data transfer throughput, use SATA 3Gb/s or 6Gb/s eSATA devices and connect to a fully functional USB 3.0 port. This device does not support port multiplier eSATA drive enclosures.
Some older operating systems, as well as computers not equipped with a USB 3.0 port, will not support the speed improvements of USB 3.0, but will still work with this adapter via USB 2.0 standards.