The Aura Pro 6G SSD features industry leading SandForce® DuraClass™ Technologies:
- DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of your Solid State Drive (SSD).
- Intelligent Block Management & Wear Leveling automatically distributes data evenly across the entire SSD.
- Intelligent Read Disturb Management spreads the active read/write across the flash components eliminating data corruption caused by constant use.
- Intelligent “Recycling” for advanced free space management gradually re-writes data across the SSD over time to ensure data never gets corrupted.
- RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements) protects the data on your drive similar to having a RAID setup.
- Best-in-Class ECC Protection for longest data retention and drive life.
The Only Complete 2-in-1 Upgrade Solution:
- Upgrade your rMBP’s factory installed SSD with greater performance and capacity via the Aura Pro.
- Retask the replaced factory SSD as a bus-powered*, pocket-sized external storage solution via the Envoy Pro.
First and Only Complete Storage Upgrade
Once again, OWC provides Mac users the only upgrade solution that delivers higher performance, functionality, and reliability! When first introduced, the MacBook Pro with Retina display base model offered a 256GB SSD configuration with no upgrade option. And current base models start from 128GB to 256GB. Now, instead of being “factory locked”, the OWC Aura Pro 6G gives you the freedom to upgrade your capacity to meet your storage needs. Just like other OWC upgrades, we include the installation tools you need plus a free ‘how-to’ video to make this an easy and money-saving DIY upgrade.
Synchronous Interface NAND
To achieve the higher bandwidth potential of the SATA 6Gb/s bus standard, the OWC Aura Pro 6G SSDs utilize Tier-1 Synchronous NAND instead of commonly utilized Asynchronous NAND. Synchronous NAND enables reads and writes to be “synced” with the SSD processor’s clock signal for maximum data throughput.
Ultra-portable, bus-powered external storage solution designed to complement the MacBook Pro with Retina display1
The OWC Envoy Pro combines elegance and functionality into a sleek, portable external storage solution that complements the design and finish of the MacBook® Pro with Retina display. Its anodized aluminum body protects your drive and data, while its minimal size allows for simple stowing in coat pockets, backpacks or briefcases.
Better by Design
“Mean Time To Failure” – We all know that nothing lasts forever. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get the most out of your investment. OWC SSD with DuraWrite™ Technology, optimizes writes to the flash memory over conventional controllers increasing the overall endurance and reliability of the complete SSD. Highly intelligent block management and wear leveling also extends the overall endurance. This adds up to a MTTF that is higher than most SSDs and enterprise class hard drives on the market today.
1. The OWC Envoy Pro enclosure is specifically designed for use ONLY with the factory SSD installed in select Apple Macintosh computers. Do NOT attempt to install or use OWC Aura or Aura Pro X SSDs in the Envoy Pro as you may damage the OWC drive, the enclosure, or both, and such damage is not covered under warranty.
2. The OWC Envoy Pro enclosure is not currently compatible with Apple PCIe NVMe drives. Please see the Knowledge Base article on Envoy Pro (PCIe): Apple Stock Drive Compatibility for further details.