Regain virtually all ports from the previous MacBook Pro model
With HyperDrive, you get the most commonly used ports, found in preceding 2015 MacBook Pro model. This is the adapter Apple should have provided with every 2016 MacBook Pro.
We designed HyperDrive to feel like a natural extension of the 2016 MacBook Pro with similar product lines, thickness, right angled edges and rounded corners.
HyperDrive is made of CNC precision milled aluminum available in both Space Gray and Silver to match the color and appearance of the MacBook Pro.
We also wanted an adapter hub that users can leave on their MacBook Pro as they move around. As such we did away with connector cables and have HyperDrive connect right next and flushed to the MacBook Pro.
For stability, HyperDrive connects to the MacBook Pro with not one by two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports. Having two input ports also allow us to provide more speed and bandwidth (50Gb/s) to HyperDrive, allowing it to provide as many ports (7 in total, all of which can be used simultaneously) in the tiniest of spaces.
We decided to go with popular output ports (HDMI, SD, microSD, 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1) found in the previous MacBook Pro model. Although HyperDrive takes up two Thunderbolt 3 USB-C ports on the MacBook Pro, it also returns a USB-C and Thunderbolt 3 port as well, which supports up to 100W power delivery pass through charging through HyperDrive.
- Output: – HDMI supporting 1080p@60Hz, 4K@30Hz – Thunderbolt 3 supporting video up to 5K@60Hz or 2x4K@60Hz, 40Gb/s data and max 100W full speed power delivery pass through charging – USB-C data (5Gb/s) – SD (UHS-I 104MB/s) – micro SD (UHS-I 104MB/s) – 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (5Gb/s)
- Input: 2 x Thunderbolt 3 USB-C
- DC/DC efficiency: Up to 96%
- Device Operating Temperature: Less than 48ºC / 118ºF
- Enclosure: CNC aluminum available in Space Gray & Silver color
- Dimensions: 4.5″ x 1.1″ x 0.3″ / 115 x 28.5 x 8.5mm
- Weight: 1.2oz / 34g